Friday 1 February 2013

A jabberwocky

A jabberwocky : In a pin-striped leather frocky : Over by the cushioned rockies : When I wore long curled lockies. 

Stood upon its head : Pretending to be dead : The colour of a book I’d read : That weighed as if made from lead : And filled me up with dread. 

As did this great beast : Waiting to make me a feast : Or brew me up with yeast : Either way it would not be neat : For my head, my middle or my feet. 

“No, sir, I’m not dinner!” : “Aah, human girls make me thinner: With you I’m on to a winner : For to impress my love, Regina : I must shift some many a concertina.” 

“Well, then, I can help : I can get a smaller whelp : One as wholesome, healthy, as kelp : As fat and juicy as an elk : Yes, I can give you my sister, Shelp.” 

I gave him a china dolly : Which he gobbled down after saying, “Golly!” : But it stuck, got crushed and cut most unlike holly : Making him bleed to death and be less than jolly : Which was how I killed a jabberwocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment