Thursday 18 October 2012

To move from pies toward worldy-wise

Often I've wished I were worldly-wise and not just the guy who eats the pies with ever expanding thighs and ever deader eyes with whom it's hard to sympathise. 

But the world outside is a mystery, I only know interiors, I’ve never felt the urge to flee, to go beyond my own posterior, only wish to be sedentary, always to me the choice less inferior.

Yet doubts creep in, what if I’m missing something – what if an outside fling changes everything, makes me sing louder than a flock of starlings – creates within me a whole new meaning?

At the moment, though, a change is too hard, my mind is set against flow, set concrete hard: I’ll just keep down low, stay down real hard, I’ll block it out with stereo, try it real hard.

So, to move from pies toward world-wise?  This is something for my future to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment