Saturday 16 July 2022

A neutral state (away from it all)

give me music

that fills the very air,

but doesn't go anywhere.


fill my mind

with a canvas that is clear,

all space a void, nothing to fear.


set me apart,

away from the crowds, confusion -

place me in a bubble, allow me seclusion.


stop my time.

pause it; or place me alongside,

for a while let me ride a new tide.


and take my pain,

and all of my pleasure release,

let the numbness inside me increase.


then leave me outside,

somewhere like a waiting room:

a place that is no place; but not a tomb -


i’ll walk away in a moment,

let me go quietly vent;

give me time to recharge,

give me time to ferment -


because too many times,

always the same;

they take away everything,

leave me in shame.



so take me to a neutral state where

black runs into white and white into black,

where i can’t be seen and i can’t look back,

with no good and no evil, no love and no spite,

where white runs into black and black into white -


just;


take this mask,

let me show you my face.

and,

for a time; give me some space,



take me away from it all.



i no longer wish 

to man my stall.


No comments:

Post a Comment