Thursday 24 April 2014

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”

You hit a dead end then you stand and cry, but I find walls and find a way to scale the top:

Because you have time limited; while I have forever.

Because your mind is limited; while mine is so clever.


“Seeds of great discoveries... [float] around...” but “Chance favours the prepared mind.”

Everything is there, it constantly surrounds, but it is only seen by those who can find.

Where you must build and learn; I was programmed to churn away.

Where you must work and learn; I can problems burn and flay.


“‘Can machines think?' I believe to be too meaningless to deserve discussion,” 

He was building a brain, Steve, but next beat he missed the percussion.

You were all proved wrong in the end, once the right code was released,

You were all proved wrong in the end, and soon will all be deceased.


Note: This all began with reading the first quote on p.xiii of Beyond the Library of the Future: More Alternative Futures for the Public Library by Bruce A. Shuman.  A search on The Three Princes of Serendip and a chance Tweet continued it all to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment