Wednesday 22 May 2013

Reflections on a bad decision

Slowly over time that beast had me cankered
Until the point I became completely conquered:
Doomed and totally beyond hope;
Man I felt such a dope
To be taken in by what I knew was evil,
By a slowly burrowing and poisoning weevil
That took its time but wore me down,
To create a brand new follower clown.


And oh! the tumbling acts I performed:
Throwing people from the cliffs, forlorn,
Squeezing information from their lips
By applying hot pokers to their hips;
Even deconstructing human bodies
To hide our acts from searching ploddies.

I did it all and all for shame,
Til our leader to here came
And we were quickerly up-rounded,
To follow him and be impounded,
To sit, waiting for death, and to think
About getting ourselves into this here stink:
From the day I let my conscience slide,
And went off to sail upon a bloody tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment